We aim to further engage in and promote activities that will not only raise public awareness towards sexual trade and abuse within the migrant groups particularly women but will also focus attention on illegal trafficking, the perpetrators and highlight the danger of keeping silent as a bystander.
Hephzibah will work with government and agencies towards achieving the following goals:-
- To encourage victims of prostitution and sexual abuse in the migrant community understand that they are not been judged and rather they can speak out and they should not feel guilty for doing so or suffer in silence.
- That migrant women who have undergone the described trade will receive the necessary supports and avail themselves of the present services which will help in healing emotionally, physically and spiritually and will be able to move on with their lives.
- Also, they will be able to confront the situation and not live in denial but put an end to it and at the same time receive the necessary help and support, either by going to college or learn a vocation to help them build their lives again.
- We aim that the general public particularly the migrant communities will become sensitised to the reality of sexual violation directed at women and to develop a zero tolerance to perpetrators amongst them. Also, Hephzibah will empower the migrant communities, particularly women with the knowledge of the supports and services available in the country so as to prevent them from being victims of sex trade and sexual abuse.
- We will share the love of Christ with young women in crisis situation
- We will reduce anxiety and emotional disturbances caused by the stress of being homeless through counselling and educate victims about self-esteem, self-reliance, and self-confidence in partnership with the government agencies.